Do you need help with your rent or Council Tax?

If you are having difficulty paying your rent or Council Tax you may be able to claim extra help. This is called a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) for rent and Discretionary Council Tax Reduction (DCTRS) for Council Tax. You can apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment if you are receiving Housing Benefit. You do not need to receive Council Tax Reduction to apply for a discretionary Council Tax payment.

DHP can help you if your rent is more than your Housing Benefit.

For more information on DHP go to

Telephone 01908 253040
Or visit the Civic Office