Job Opportunity — Parish Ranger
Temporary 6 month contract with a view to a PERMANENT POSITION
Salary: scp 20 to 25 £19,430 to £22,658 full time equivalent
Hours: 25 to 35 hours a week
Both salary and hours are under review and will be discussed with any applicant
Great Linford Parish Council (GLPC) looks after twelve estates, covering 757 hectares in the North-East area of Milton Keynes
We’re looking for someone:
- who is an enthusiastic, personable individual with excellent communication skills
- who is self-motivated, organised, confident and tenacious but with the ability to remain calm and engaged
- who can work on their own, using their own initiative and be willing to go that extra mile in making a positive difference to the community
- with a full driving licence
- with the ability to work weekends and evenings.
If you thrive in a flexible working environment, this could be the role for you.
The purpose of the Parish Ranger is to maintain a good clean and tidy environment, focusing on the open spaces, sports facilities, pavilion, office and estates within the parish boundary. As the person out in the community, the ranger is the ‘eyes and ears’ for GLPC, and acts as an ambassador for our neighbourhood.
The role involves patrolling and inspecting the estates, checking and maintaining the Parish Council’s assets, reporting issues of anti-social behaviour and working with a variety of community partners, to find solutions to local problems. For a full job description contact Parish.firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date: 28th June 2017 Interviews: 4th July 2017 For an informal discussion, please contact Eirwen Tagg on 01908 606613
To apply – please send your CV and covering letter by 28th June 2017 to: Eirwen Tagg email email@example.com OR by post to Great Linford Parish Council, Great Linford House, 1 St Leger Court, Great Linford Milton Keynes MK14 5HA.
Click on link for job description: JD Parish Rangers – March 2017